[R-sig-ME] quasi-binomial family in lme4

T. Florian Jaeger tiflo at csli.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 8 04:30:54 CET 2010

Hi,
I am analyzing some data that seems to require a quasibinomial model,
but the model returns incredibly small standard errors (and
correspondingly inflated t-values) that do not seem to be justified
given my data.
I've been reading (I think) all available posts on problems with the
quasi-binomial family in lme4. But I can't judge from the posts
whether all issues with the  quasi-binomial models in lme4 are assumed
to be resolved. So, I am wondering, are there any known issues with
quasi-binomial models in lme4?

I am using

Package:            lme4
Version:            0.999375-35
Date:               2010-08-18

in environment:
               _
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          11.1
year           2010
month          05
day            31
svn rev        52157
language       R
version.string R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)

cheers,
Florian