[R-sig-ME] Has anyone tried Whit Armstrong's CppMCMC library?

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:02:09 CET 2010

Thanks for the the post, Professor Bates.

CppBugs can be found here: http://github.com/armstrtw/CppBugs

It's a combination of WinBUGS and PyMC.

The api is still very unstable as I'm attempting to navigate between
good design and maintaining familiar WinBUGS conventions.

Rcpp is the best way to use it from R.  I'll add an example of calling
it this way on the front page so that everyone can try it.

My thinking is that since it's already very inconvenient to run a BUGS
model from R (writing the BUGS script, providing inits, passing data
back and forth), it's not really asking too much for users to write a
small c++ class inline in an R script that is the CppBugs equivalent
of a BUGS model.

I'm very keen to have help on this project, so if anyone is interested
please contact me.

I'll send a follow up post highlighting a few of the features of
CppBugs and examples of WinBUGS vs PyMC conventions that I've followed
in the design.

-Whit