[R-sig-ME] Profile function does not work with objekt of class "mer"

Friedericksen Hope friedericksen.hope at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:29:28 CEST 2010

> At present only the lme4a package provides profiling of the deviance
> function.  I would direct you to the R-forge repository except that
> the Windows and Mac OS X builds on that repository are not completing.
>   About the best I can offer is to have a binary package built on the
> win-builder system and stick it on the web site somewhere.  I don't
> use either Windows or Mac OS X myself so I need to rely on other
> builders.

Thank you for your response!

If I understand you correctly, the only way to explore the parameter estimates further with confidence intervalls and profile zeta plots is to use the lme4a package from the R-forge repository?!

Anyway, thank you very much for providing the means to do mixed modelling in R. :-)

Best,
Friedericksen