[R-sig-ME] lme, groupedData, random intercept and slope

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Sep 11 01:00:56 CEST 2010

Hi Dave,

on the topic of correlation between random slopes and intercepts, it's
not necessarily bad news.  It may (probably does) indicate that the
data are remote from the origin.  Under those circumstances, an
adjustment to the slope, for example, leads inevitably to adjustment
in the intercept.

Best wishes

Andrew