[R-sig-ME] Windows Binary lme4a from R-forge

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 27 16:53:12 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Ben Bolker <bbolker at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I think the current build of lme4a is just broken (maybe due to an
> Rcpp version mismatch???)

>  See
>
> https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=60&log=build_win32&pkg=lme4a&flavor=patched

Ben is correct that it is a version mismatch with packages on which
lme4a depends, although it happens to be the MatrixModels package
rather than Rcpp.  There is a cascade of dependencies because the new
version of MatrixModels depends on an as-yet-unreleased version of
Matrix.

Sorry for the blockage.  Martin and I will coordinate releases,
probably this weekend.  It happens that both of us are very busy
preparing courses that we are or will be teaching.  I have a heavy
teaching load this semester and am trying to get materials prepared
ahead of time.

I have compiled packages of the lme4a from July available at
http://lme4.r-forge.r-project.org/slides/2010-07-20-Gaithersburg/pkg/