[R-sig-ME] Additive versus multiplicative overdispersion modeling

Ned Dochtermann ned.dochtermann at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 00:19:04 CEST 2010

Thanks a lot, if that is indeed the case it makes calculating
repeatabilities per N&S quite straightforward for the multiplicative
models (quasibinomial & quasipoisson) since the relevant term to
include in the denominator would just be (summary(model)@sigma)^2
(multiplied by (pi^2)/3 ). Of course I still can't figure out how to
get the needed information from the additive models, i.e. the residual
of the distribution specific variance.

Ned