[R-sig-ME] my first random effects logistic regression

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Wed Aug 18 10:40:37 CEST 2010

Dear Dieter,

You allready got the comments needed to get to code working. I would
like to point to a flaw in your random effect specification. The correct
specification for your design would be (1|farm/flock).

However I would model it in this case as (1|farm:flock) becasue you have
only 3 farms. Which is very low, so the variance estimates would not be
very reliable.

HTH,

Thierry
----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek
team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium

Research Institute for Nature and Forest
team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium

tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey