[R-sig-ME] RE : Questions about mix models

Julien Beguin julien.beguin.1 at ulaval.ca
Mon Aug 16 15:26:27 CEST 2010

Alena,

1) Can you join a summary of your data. Is it a balanced design?

2) Not sure to understand how your model assigns the residual error... Have you tried to exclude variable 'top' from the random component: only (1|mead/trans) ? does it improve convergence? and do you get the appropriate number of degree of freedom for your fixed effects (based on your experimental design)?

Julien Beguin