[R-sig-ME] stuck with maximum likelihood problem

Murray Jorgensen maj at waikato.ac.nz
Sun Aug 15 01:32:22 CEST 2010

Have you considered doing the math needed to solve the score equation?
You will need to solve a single nonlinear equation

        g(theta) = 0

If you cant do this analytically you should be able to transform it to
the form

        theta = h(theta)

and then iterate on h or h-inverse from a suitable starting value to
find a fixed point.

Murray Jorgensen