[R-sig-ME] Testing differences in measurement variance

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 23:48:10 CEST 2010

    I wrote fast and was a little bit confused (and hence confusing).
When you said "variability of measurement" I read it as "measurement
variability", so I was assuming a model like

Var(group i) = Var(process error) + Var(measurement error, group i)

    I may have the details/syntax wrong, you'll have to check it (of
course).

     Ben