[R-sig-ME] D relationship matrix

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 10:59:57 CEST 2010

Hi Craig,

I'm not aware of anything in R but I believe Ignacy Misztal's fotran
routines http://nce.ads.uga.edu/~ignacy/newprograms.html or Per Madsen
and Just Jensen's DMU package http://www.dmu.agrsci.dk/ will calculate
D and presumably D-1. Hoeschele & van Raden (J. Dairy Science
74:557-569) provide a recursive algorithm for D-1 in the absence of
inbreeding and this may not be that hard to implement.

Cheers,

Jarrod