[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm 2.05 update

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 22:16:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've released a new version of MCMCglmm with the following:

BUG FIXES

I) Sparse design matrices with certain types of contrast were
sometimes incorrect (e.g sum contrasts when only a two-level factor
was fitted in the fixed term)

II)  Latent variables for censored Gaussian data were sometimes
updated incorrectly

IMPORTANT CHANGES

I) with idh structures the prior for each diagonal element was
equivalent to the marginal distribution of the variance under a
standard inverse-Wishart distribution. This seemed to confuse many so
now the prior specification for the ith variance is simply a
univariate inverse-Wishart with V*=V[i,i] and nu*=nu

ADDED FUNCTIONALITY

I) summary function which includes the dreaded P-value (although I
wouldn't really call it that)

II) hurdle Poisson ("hupoisson") zero-truncated Poisson ("ztpoisson")
and zero-altered Poisson ("zapoisson" )distributions can now be fitted
- these models have much better mixing properties than  zero-inflated
Poisson models ("zipoisson") and they are discussed a little in the
CourseNotes

III) predict function with confidence and prediction intervals on the
data and link scale.  This is not yet implemented for all
distributions and should be treated with care.

IV) response-feedback models  - developmental only

Thanks to everyone who sent bug reports and offered advice,  it is
very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.