[R-sig-ME] Using mixed-effects modelling to estimate between- and within-Ss variance in an effect

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at dal.ca
Wed Jul 7 20:11:04 CEST 2010

Oops! Sorry, I was brought up to think about "predictor variables" and
"response variables", and while I often try to use the more
conventional "IV/DV" terminology, I often get them confused (the
reason why my original training obviated these terms I gather).

Indeed, group, cue and flanker are IVs (predictor variables). RT &
accuracy are DVs (response variables).

Sorry for the confusion!