[R-sig-ME] p-values in lme vs gamm

Christoph Scherber Christoph.Scherber at agr.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Jul 5 11:41:18 CEST 2010

Dear Etienne,

You should only compare the estimates and SE´s (and P values) from corresponding lme models:

summary(lme.mod)
summary(gamm.mod$lme)

These give exactly identical results.

Looking at the gam model without explicitly specifying a smoothing function s() does not make too much sense.

Best wishes
Christoph