[R-sig-ME] Mac OS X binary for lme4

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 22 03:28:26 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Daniel Ezra Johnson
<danielezrajohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> For some weeks the Mac OS X binary of the lme4 package has not been
> available, as it has failed some check. Could anyone comment on how long
> this situation is likely to last?

Neither Martin nor I have access to a Max OS X system with the
development tools installed that we could use to debug the problem.
We can't duplicate the failure of the test on other, similar systems
like Linux.

My advice to Mac OS X users has been to install the source package.