[R-sig-ME] Likelihood ratios

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at dal.ca
Wed Jun 2 17:01:23 CEST 2010

By "complexity-corrected", I simply meant a likelihood ratio that
takes into account potential differences in the number of parameters
between models, penalizing the more complex model. In the Glover &
Dixon paper I cited in my original post, they compute a likelihood
ratio based on ANOVA sums of squares, then apply a complexity
correction factor (they show formulae for both AIC and BIC) to yield a
final ratio that I've been calling a "complexity-corrected likelihood
ratio". Sorry for causing confusion by using my idiosyncratic
nomenclature!