[R-sig-ME] RLRsim example

fengsj at mail.utexas.edu fengsj at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 1 19:13:12 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I want to compare different glmer fits.  I read examples about
comparing models by anova() for lmer fits and this method may not be
accurate.  I have been checking the Package ‘RLRsim’ to do the test. I
am very confused  by  the example from the package reference:

library(lme4)
data(sleepstudy)
mA <- lmer(Reaction ~ I(Days-4.5) + (1|Subject) + (0 +
I(Days-4.5)|Subject), sleepstudy)
m0 <- update(mA, . ~ . - (0 + I(Days-4.5)|Subject))
m.slope <- update(mA, . ~ . - (1|Subject))
#test for subject specific slopes:
## Not run: exactRLRT(m.slope, mA, m0)

First of all, what does it mean “not run” there? (when I did run
exactRLRT(m.slope, mA, m0), I got error messages) . Then , what should
be run?

Suppose I want to test if there is siginficant random slope based on I
already have the random intercept, what should I do with exactRLRT?

Thanks so much!