[R-sig-ME] post hocs for lmer / lme

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at dal.ca
Wed May 12 14:16:43 CEST 2010

One approach I've been playing with lately is using bootstrapping &
LME to generate distributions of predicted values for each cell in the
design (using the full model on each iteration of the loop). These
distributions (or, more properly, the distributions of difference
scores for focal comparisons) can then be used for post hocs. I
haven't thought about application to nested designs though, so you may
have to be careful with how you bootstrap there.