[R-sig-ME] profile() for lmer

Paul Taylor p.taylor at niwa.co.nz
Thu Apr 15 12:07:30 CEST 2010

Hi Pierre,

I'm having the same problem. I discovered a suggestion on another mailing list (stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help) that using a delta argument would work ie pr1ML<-profile(fm1ML,delta=0.2). However, I have tried that and several smaller steps, but to no avail.

I too am using lme4a and R-2.10.1 on windows 2007 professional.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Taylor
Pelagic Fisheries Scientist
NIWA
New Zealand.

>>> pierre nouvellet 04/15/10 4:29 AM >>>

Hi,Hi,

>From the draft book on lme4:
using lme4a, and the dyestuff data, I call profile and get:

> profile(fm1ML)

Error in UseMethod("profile") :

no applicable method for 'profile' applied to an object of class
"lmer"

any suggestions?
using a R-2.10.1 on windows vista

pierre