[R-sig-ME] ordinal regression with MCMCglmm

Kari Ruohonen kari.ruohonen at utu.fi
Wed Apr 14 09:07:20 CEST 2010

Hi and thanks for the answer. I tried exactly that model syntax before
posting but the output of the "fixed" part had an unexpected
parameterisation and I thought I misspecified the model somehow. The
parameters I got with the above model are
- two cutpoints
- intercept
- effect of group B

I would have expected that instead of the intercept and two cutpoints I
would have had three cutpoints as given by polr (MASS package), for
example. Can you explain me the parameterisation in MCMCglmm and how it
connects to the one in polr that uses J-1 ordered cutpoints (J=number of
score classes) without an intercept?

Also, I am uncertain do I need to convert the "resp" before MCMCglmm to
an ordered factor (with "ordered")?

Many thanks,

Kari