[R-sig-ME] Interaction Terms controlling Influence case in lmer

Steven J. Pierce pierces1 at msu.edu
Mon Mar 29 15:01:22 CEST 2010

Since your DV is a proportion, it may not really be normally distributed in
it's original form. Perhaps you should transform the dependent variable
before running the analysis. Using an arcsine square root transformation may
help (you should be able to find details via Google).

Steven J. Pierce
Associate Director
Center for Statistical Training & Consulting (CSTAT)
Michigan State University
178 Giltner Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824