[R-sig-ME] Quasilikelihood considered harmful? was: Examples of GLMM fits?

Murray Jorgensen maj at waikato.ac.nz
Mon Mar 8 21:30:33 CET 2010

Doug's response indicates a certain scepticism about quasilikelihood and
it's use in modelling. I am quite interested in this question and may
even get around to attempting some theoretical work about it. What I
would like to know about literature and discussions critical of QL and
its role in modelling. I think I am generally aware of pro-QL literature.

Cheers,  Murray Jorgensen

On 9/03/2010 3:50 a.m., Douglas Bates wrote:
[...]
> I will leave it to others more skilled than I to decide how to
> formulate parameter estimates for fictitious distributions.  I have
> enough trouble working in the non-fiction end of statistical theory.

[...]
--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand