[R-sig-ME] Sorry for the false alarm - results from glmer in the released lme4 are consistent with other software

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:28:32 CET 2010

In general S4 seems slow to load relative to S3.  You can generally
tell whether a package is S3 or S4 just by the time it takes to load.
However, if there is some special situation that makes S4 take even
longer than usual it would be useful to know what it is.so others can
avoid the problem in situations related or unrelated to lme4a.