[R-sig-ME] lme4a, glmer and all that

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 18:32:38 CET 2010

On 4 Mar 2010, at 16:11, Douglas Bates wrote:
<cut>

> which, now I see are more consistent with the results from lme4, not
> lme4a.  I misunderstood the message I received regarding the Stata
> results.
>
> OK, this might have all been a red herring.  I'll look into it some more.
>
> At one time on Saturday Night Live Gilda Radner would play a citizen
> commentator on weekend news update who was confused about the issue
> and, after a long harangue, would end up realizing she got it wrong.
> She ended by saying "Never mind".  That might be the case here too.

Just out of curiosity, how do we know stata and lme4 are correct and lme4a is not? why is stata the benchmark? Please note I am only being facetious.

Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Imperial College, St. Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com