[R-sig-ME] glmer ordered response models

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Fri Feb 26 21:43:12 CET 2010

Hi,

Just to avoid confusion - "ordinal" is the family argument for ordered
response models in MCMCglmm not "categorical".  If your response has
two levels then it makes no difference (except "categorical" uses the
logit link and "ordinal" uses the probit link). You can fit this in
glmer using  family = "binomial(link="logit") or family =
"binomial(link="probit"). If there are more than two levels I think it
is not possible to fit the model in glmer, but could be wrong.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Quoting "Doran, Harold" <HDoran at air.org>:

> See ?family for available link functions.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.