[R-sig-ME] offset in glmmPQL

Maarten de Groot Maarten.deGroot at nib.si
Thu Feb 18 10:35:06 CET 2010

Dear all,

I have a small question about including an offset value into a glmmPQL
with a poisson distribution. I want to compare the number of songs of an
animal between treatments. Because the experiment time is not always the
same I want to include this as an offset in my formula
("mod<-glmmPQL(nosongs~offset(experiment.time)+treatment,random=~1|block/malenr,family=poisson,data=mcrs)").

However R seems not to recognize the command"offset" when using a glmmPQL.

Hopefully some one can help me.

Kind regards,

Maarten