[R-sig-ME] Question about usuge of DIC

desja004 at umn.edu desja004 at umn.edu
Sun Feb 14 02:57:34 CET 2010

Hi,
I have a general question about the use of the DIC and other fit indices. I
have fit a Poisson and a zero-inflated Poisson model in MCMCglmm and I am
curious if I can use the DIC as evidence in support of one distributional
model over another (with the same fixed and random effects)? Currently I
plan on including graphs with predicted values from the two models to show
that the ZIP model fits better than the Poisson but I was curious if I
could use the DIC or another statistic to support my decision in choosing
one distribution over another.
Chris