[R-sig-ME] anova on lmer object

Doug Adams fog0 at gmx.com
Wed Feb 10 19:52:18 CET 2010

Thank you Walmes,

That makes sense; I read somewhere that REML removes the effects of
fixed effects, essentially, and calculates parameters based on
residuals.  I'll use full Maximum Likelihood on both models then.
When I'm testing for random effects, does the choice between REML and
full ML matter when using a LR test?

Best wishes,