[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm update

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Sat Feb 6 01:47:08 CET 2010

Hi,

I've update MCMCglmm (2.02) and it should appear on CRAN soon. The
main changes are:

1) After many questions regarding multivariate binary and multivariate
ordinal models I've now implemented a sampler for correlation
matrices. Simply  use "cor" instead of "us".

2) I found a bug regarding a cholesky update. Potentially it can
affect analyses that use parameter expansion and analyses that have
conditionally independent blocks of missing data. The effects are
likely to be subtle; I only noticed it during an analysis of 2 data
points both of which were missing, and even then the discrepancy
between the sampled posterior and that expected (the prior) was small.

3) The companion paper to MCMCglmm has now been published in The
journal of Statistical Software. If you use MCMCglmm I would be
grateful if you could cite this paper.

If anyone could provide feedback on the behaviour of the correlation
sampler I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Jarrod

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.