[R-sig-ME] using R for linear mixed effects models

Juliet Hannah juliet.hannah at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 04:01:04 CET 2010

It takes time to learn how to do these analyses. I think a good place to
start is working through the examples of an Intro graduate-level methods course.

I used Statistical Research methods in the life sciences by rao.

It gave nice simple examples related to the description you gave. There
are many books at this level. Once you
understand some simple models, the R code and output will seem
less mysterious. Then work your way through some examples with
a little more complexity, for example: Mixed-effects models in S and S-PLUS.

Also, if you are going to be involved in analysis, try and recruit a
statistician to
your committee.

Good luck.