[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm_2.00

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Sat Dec 19 18:29:46 CET 2009

Hi All,

I've released a new version of MCMCglmm which should appear on CRAN
soon.  The main updates are:

I) Parameter expanded models now implemented which a) speed up mixing
when variances are close to zero  and b) allow non-central F-
distributed priors for the variance components
||) Latent variables in binary models can be updated using slice
sampling (slice=TRUE) - this is usually more efficient
|||) Known bugs fixed - all but one (for ordinal models with more than
2 categories) resulted in failure to fit a model rather than fitting
an incorrect model.
"MCMCglmm"). These are incomplete, but better than not having them,
hopefully. There will undoubtedly be errors in there - if you could
let me know I'd be grateful.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.