[R-sig-ME] Generating correlated multilevel data

CHRIS M SWOBODA cmswoboda at students.wisc.edu
Sat Nov 21 16:46:04 CET 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know of a package or some available code for generating multilevel data with multiple predictors at each level that can be correlated across levels?  I assume this has been done and I don't really want to reinvent the wheel, but I cannot seem to find the actual code.

For some specifics:
I want to generate three-level data with 2-3 predictors at each level and correlations throughout the predictors where I would specify the sample sizes, correlations and error at each level.

Thanks for any help!
Chris