[R-sig-ME] Convergence diagnostics for MCMCglmm

Dawson Wayne wayne.dawson at ips.unibe.ch
Thu Nov 19 14:20:27 CET 2009

Dear R users,

I've managed to get to grips with using MCMCglmm for phylogenetic
meta-analysis, thanks to help on here from Jarrod Hadfield. However, I
haven't yet worked out how to use convergence diagnostics on MCMCglmm
output.

I am currently running models for 50,000 iterations, with a long
burnin of 25000, and a thinning interval of 10. Whilst my trace plots
look good, I would like to use the Gelman-Rubin or Raftery-Lewis
diagnostics in the coda package to check that my burnin/no. of
iterations are adequate. I've read relevant sections in Ch. 7 of Ben
Bolkers ecological models book, and the coda/MCMCglmm package pdfs,
but I'm still not sure what mcmc output from MCMCglmm I am supposed to
pass to the coda diagnostic functions. Apologies for the simple
question, but hopefully there is a simple answer!

Any suggestions appreciated as always,

Thanks,

Wayne

--