[R-sig-ME] Default number of chains in MCMCglmm

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 23 19:38:33 CEST 2009

Hi Chris,

Only a single chain. If you want two, you have to run it twice - not
very sophisticated, I know. If you want over-dispersed starting values
to make sure the chain is converging to the same distribution you can
specify starting values in the start argument of MCMCglmm.
start=list(QUASI=FALSE) is a quick way of getting sei-overdispersed
starting values.

If you are referring to the concept of heated chains, then there is
only one chain - the "cold" one.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Quoting Christopher David Desjardins <desja004 at umn.edu>:

> Hi,
> I am trying to figure out what the default number of chains are in
> MCMCglmm and how to change this. I've checked out the help page with
> MCMCglmm and don't see any reference to this. I imagine I'm missing
> something obvious.
> Thanks,
> Chris

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.