[R-sig-ME] Modelling missing data in MCMCglmm()

Dawson Wayne wayne.dawson at ips.unibe.ch
Mon Oct 12 16:50:19 CEST 2009

Hi R users,

This is more of a forward planning question on my part, as I am still
constructing this particular dataset, but I want to use MCMCglmm to
test for factors contributing to naturalisation success of alien
plants, whilst including a phylogeny. I will have missing data in this
dataset, especially seed size for a number of species. I have read
through the MCMCglmm vignette and package pdf and cannot see an
example of how to include code for modelling missing data. To model
missing seed sizes per species, I would like to use the mean and
variance of seed size for congeners.

I'm guessing they would be included as priors somehow, but I'm unsure
how this coding would work. Any suggestions/further reading advice
appreciated.

Cheers,

Wayne

--