[R-sig-ME] year and site

Will Morris wkmor1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:41:20 CEST 2009

Gelman suggests that specifying a weakly informative half-Cauchy
distribution for the group level standard deviation can overcome the
difficulty in estimation experienced when there are few groups and
your using a uniform prior (and I presume using Maximum likelihood
too). See Gelman & Hill, 2007.

Will Morris
Masters of Philosophy candidate
Vesk Plant Ecology Lab