[R-sig-ME] examples in Raudenbush and Bryk

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 22:23:03 CEST 2009

Douglas Bates wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Juliet Hannah<juliet.hannah at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi List,
>
>> Does anyone know if nlme or lme4 code is available for the examples in
>> RB 2002 (specifically
>> Chapter 8, but other chapters also if available).
>
> It would not be difficult to code up those examples in lme or lmer if
> we could get access to the data sets.  Are the data sets available,
> perhaps with the HLM software?

I found this:

ftp://ftp.lisrel.com/hlm/unix/hlm5exs.tar.Z

According to the readme

ftp://ftp.lisrel.com/hlm/unix/readme

the datasets accompany the HLM5 manual,
but some (HSB1 from appendixa/ e.g.) are
reported elsewhere as being analyzed in
Raudenbush and Bryk (2002). I don't have
a copy so cannot help in identifying the
data from Chapter 8 (if present).

HTH,
Tobias