[R-sig-ME] unreplicated repeated measures

Ryan Hope rmh3093 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 20:13:09 CEST 2009

This would be your model:

m1<-lmer(lncon~Treatment+(1|month),data=dataset)

you did not manipulate the "month" variable thus it should not be in
the fixed effects side of the formula.

Now is treatment a coded variable for multiple factors? If so why are
you not using the actual factors like:

m2<-lmer(lncon~FactorA+FactorB+(1|month/(FactorA+FactorB)),data=dataset)