[R-sig-ME] GLMMs with unequal group sizes

Grant T. Stokke gts127 at psu.edu
Thu Jun 11 20:47:13 CEST 2009

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  The number of unused units is
included.  The response variable is "Used", so that used units have Used=1
and unused units have Used=0.

Thanks for the input.  I've been looking at the influence of the areas with
many used units on parameter estimates (by removing areas 3 and 9), and they
appear to be more influential than I would like.  Ideally, I'd like each
study area to receive approximately equal weight in parameter estimation.
Is that possible?  Would it be inappropriate to use the 'weight' option in
glmer to give study areas more equal weight?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Grant