[R-sig-ME] random factor variance

João R. joaordaniel at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:07:20 CEST 2009

Andy,
here goes the model with no fixed effects. (I've attached a plot)

Generalized linear mixed model fit by the Laplace approximation
Formula: DV ~ (1 | R1)
   Data: JD
   AIC   BIC logLik deviance
 223.1 229.6 -109.5    219.1
Random effects:
 Groups Name        Variance Std.Dev.
 R1  (Intercept) 0.17255  0.41539
Number of obs: 190, groups: VICT2, 14
Fixed effects:
            Estimate Std. Error z value Pr(>|z|)
(Intercept)  -0.9106     0.2149  -4.237 2.27e-05 ***
Thanks