[R-sig-ME] Duplicating meta-regression results from PROC MIXED with lmer

Brant Inman brant.inman at me.com
Wed May 6 12:43:45 CEST 2009

Rolf,

I actually don't believe that this is a SAS vs R issue since I have 3
sources that report the same results.  I know that STATA, SAS and the
mima function from R can all be used to give the correct results.  The
question is related more to how I can get similar results with lmer.
Currently, the code I provided generates VERY different results,
especially related to between study variance estimation (tau) and
regression coefficient standard errors. Basically, I think I got it
all wrong in my coding of the models with covariates (f3 and f4), but
I can't understand why.

Brant