[R-sig-ME] logLik (old-fashion way) for mixed-effects models

Christian Salas christian.salas at yale.edu
Thu Apr 16 15:50:05 CEST 2009

Dear Prof. Bates:

I am aware of the logLik(lme.obj),  sorry if i was not clear before.
What I am aiming to find is a similar syntax (to the one that i use for
lm) involving the residuals from a lme fitted object, but without using
logLik(lme.obj), that allows me to compute the log-likelihood value of
the fitted model. Probably this would require retrieving both the ML
sigma for the errors and the sigma for the random effects of the lme.obj

thanks

Christian Salas                     E-mail:christian.salas at yale.edu
PhD candidate                       http://environment.yale.edu/salas
School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
Yale University                     Tel: +1-(203)-432 5126
360 Prospect St                     Fax:+1-(203)-432 3809
New Haven, CT 06511-2189            Office: Room 35, Marsh Hall
USA

Yale Biometrics Lab                  http://environment.yale.edu/biometrics