[R-sig-ME] R-conf. New York City, June 18-19, 2009, contribute your mixed-model R functions
HRISHIKESH D. VINOD
vinod at fordham.edu
Wed Apr 1 01:51:01 CEST 2009
I believe that following info is of interest to your special interest group
since we welcome presentation of ideas (R-functions) dealing with
mixed models which are often used in social sciences.
Conference on Quantitative Social Science Research Using R
June 18-19 (Thursday-Friday), 2009, Fordham University, 113 West 60th
Street, New York, NY. (next door to the Lincoln Center for Performing
Conference website: http://www.cis.fordham.edu/QR2009
The conference offers opportunity to enthusiastic users of R (software and
Graphics system) to important policy and research problems in social
sciences to learn, meet and mingle.
1) Speakers include authors of books and /or packages for R, published
researchers and editors of important journals in Statistics and social
sciences: Andrew Gelman (Columbia), Kosuke Imai (Princeton), Roger Koenker
(Illinois), Keith A. Markus (Columbia), Bruce D. McCullough (Drexel), H. D.
Vinod (Fordham), Achim Zeileis (Vienna)?
2) The proceedings book will be published by Springer (publisher of Use R!
series) in 2009.
3) Opportunity to present Replication / extension of published papers using
R, poster session
4) Opportunity to present new useful R functions (including teaching
material) poster session
5) A tutorial cum refresher session teaching R will be given and useful
Hrishikesh (Rick) D. Vinod
Professor of Economics, Fordham University
E-Mail: Vinod at fordham.edu Tel 718-817-4065,
Secretary 718-817-4048, Fax 718-817-3518
Web page: http://www.fordham.edu/economics/vinod
More information about the R-sig-mixed-models