[R-sig-ME] glmer and poisson distributions and P values

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Mar 17 12:51:42 CET 2009

Dear Emma,

Verbose is just another argument of the glmer function. Just like family is. Hence it does not replace the family argument. Have a look at ?glmer for all its arguments.

Verbose will give you more details on the convergence of the model. It does not make your model converge. I'm still willing to look at your data if you send it in an easy to read format (.Rdata, .csv, .txt).

HTH,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics, methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey