[R-sig-ME] F test in lmer quasipoisson

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu Mar 5 01:36:26 CET 2009

  Please don't cross-post to r-help and r-sig-mixed-models : it's
considered bad form (most of the experts on this subject are reading
r-sig-mixed-models anyway ...)

  Because this capability is not built in.
  If you can send or post your data, I can try to show an example.
More to the point, it's not clear that this will completely solve
your problem -- as the running discussion on this list indicates,
extrapolating from GLMs or LMMs to procedures for GLMMs is a little
dangerous (although it's often the best we can do).  In this case,
the hard part is probably picking the degrees of freedom for
the denominator of the F test ...

  cheers
   Ben Bolker

--
Ben Bolker
Associate professor, Biology Dep't, Univ. of Florida