[R-sig-ME] lmer, poisson family and mcmcsamp

Christopher David Desjardins desja004 at umn.edu
Mon Feb 16 17:06:06 CET 2009

Regarding mcmcsamp() see https://mailman.stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/2008q4/001660.html
  specifically

...  In particular mcmcsamp is not currently working in that branch.
My goal is to get mcmcsamp stable and to get all the other parts
working in this branch then release it for testing and finally release
lme4-1.0.  The subtext in that message is that only the models I
describe above will be fit by the lme4-1.0 package.