[R-sig-ME] model selection in lme4

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Feb 16 02:50:30 CET 2009

  It would be better to use AICc, but I'm not sure what I would
use for "number of parameters" for a random effect with n
levels: any number between 0.5 and n seems plausible!
Someone should send Shane Richards (who has done some
very nice work testing (Q)AIC(c) in ecological settings)
and see if he's willing to tackle this one, although I can
imagine he's getting sick of this kind of exercise ...

  Ben Bolker