[R-sig-ME] Estimated scale in R 2.8.1

Martin Henry H. Stevens HStevens at muohio.edu
Tue Feb 10 09:45:14 CET 2009

have you tried
lme4:::sigma(model)
?
Hank
On Feb 9, 2009, at 11:23 PM, Nola M. Stephens wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. But when I try sigma(model), I get this
> error
> message: could not find function "sigma". Any other thoughts?
>
> Thanks!
> nola
>
> Ben Bolker wrote:
>>   Your mileage may vary, but I have found
>>
>> lme4:::sigma(model)
>>
>> to be a reasonably reliable way to get it.
>>
>>   Ben Bolker
>>
>> Nola Stephens wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> When using earlier version of R (2.6.2), I got a scale factor for an
>>> lmer model (where family=binomial). But after downloading R version
>>> 2.8.1, I'm unable to find this value.
>>>
>>> I'd really appreciate some advice on how to find this.
>>> Thanks!
>>> nola

Dr. Hank Stevens, Associate Professor
338 Pearson Hall
Botany Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056

Office: (513) 529-4206
Lab: (513) 529-4262
FAX: (513) 529-4243
http://www.cas.muohio.edu/~stevenmh/
http://www.users.muohio.edu/harkesae/
http://www.cas.muohio.edu/ecology
http://www.muohio.edu/botany/
"E Pluribus Unum"

                                             (Douglas Adams)

If you send an attachment, please try to send it in a format anyone
can read, such as PDF, text, Open Document Format, HTML, or RTF.