[R-sig-ME] Correlation of Fixed Effects

Kingsford Jones kingsfordjones at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 07:05:44 CET 2009

Just to be complete, here's an example of getting the correlation of
fixed effects from the covariance matrix:

> example(lmer, package='lme4', echo=FALSE)
> fm1
Linear mixed model fit by REML
Formula: Reaction ~ Days + (Days | Subject)
   Data: sleepstudy
  AIC  BIC logLik deviance REMLdev
 1756 1775 -871.8     1752    1744
Random effects:
 Groups   Name        Variance Std.Dev. Corr
 Subject  (Intercept) 612.092  24.7405
          Days         35.072   5.9221  0.066
 Residual             654.941  25.5918
Number of obs: 180, groups: Subject, 18