[R-sig-ME] Lack of replies from me

Murray Jorgensen maj at stats.waikato.ac.nz
Mon Feb 9 19:43:10 CET 2009

cc: List

Dear Douglas,

"Noli illegitemes Carborundum!"

lme4 is a shining example of how statistical software should be
developed with software, theory and practice all advancing together and
in communication.  I truly hope that this patch of nastiness, whatever
it is, fades away and you get back on track. This is such a central part
of statistics that the whole community is grateful for the time and
efforts that you and your students have put into it. If others want to
take a different approach they may surely develop their own software. I
would be very sad if you took lme4 out of R. R does not belong to
anyone, not even prominent members of the core group.

Best wishes,  Murray Jorgensen